PREPARATION AND PLANNING
Although there is a clear imperative to act as quickly as possible to minimise the disruption to students’ education and take advantage of the limited funding window, careful planning and preparation remain vital to optimise the value and benefits of digital technology.
Key questions to address include:
- What are your immediate objectives?
- How will the chosen DfE solution, such as Microsoft Teams, help you meet them?
- How can you minimise and rationalise the costs, including licensing?
- What more can the solution do to improve teaching and learning?
- Will it continue to add value post-pandemic and help shape the connected classroom for the next generations?
- How can it best be integrated into your existing technologies?
To achieve this effectively you need to take a well-structured approach and consult expert guidance, where necessary, to select the most appropriate, best value solutions, clearly understand their functionality and ensure they are successfully implemented with minimum disruption. Softcat uses a proven framework to guide customers from preparation and planning through to design and implementation for this purpose. In addition, as a Microsoft Gold Partner, we have a detailed knowledge of products like Microsoft Teams, so can enable you to realise their full education potential both now and after the pandemic, while also helping minimise costs to ensure you get the most from the DfE funding.
THE SOFTCAT FRAMEWORK